What makes us different from other bible songs? Well, here are a few key areas that we think sets us apart and makes us unique.
- It’s a Bible Storybook. The Singing Bible is not just a collection of great bible, praise or worship songs for kids. It’s a Bible Storybook Musical that uses music and dialogue to teach children the big story of the Bible. The musical starts in Genesis and works its way through all the other books to end at Revelation. It gives your child a complete overview.
- The Singing Bible is timeless. Many different timeless musical styles are included such as; American Folk, Ballad, Banjo, Choir, Contemporary, Classical, Fifties Rock, German Folk, Irish Folk, Jazz, Pop, Praise, Seven Bar Blues and more! Because of the variety of styles, the music always feels fresh and fun!
- The basics of the Christian Faith are included. The Singing Bible is not bible light. Rick Osborne, the Executive Producer of The Singing Bible (who also cowrote Focus on the Family’s ‘Parent’s Guide to the Spiritual Development of Children’) made sure that all of the basics of the Christian Faith were included in the Singing Bible and taught in an age-appropriate way.
- Songs are strategically written. As an example, the ‘Books of The Bible’ song was written to teach children the 66 books of the Bible and how the Bible was put together. There are notable breaks after each major section of the Bible that indicates a new section. So once a child knows the song, they can be taught the Bible’s sections using the same song.
- Attention to detail in the production. Professional studio musicians who could play unique instruments were hired to make the many different music styles of The Singing Bible sound authentic. Also, the sound effects editor had been amassing unique effects for decades. He poured over this project with passion, adding wonderful sound effects for days.
- Attention to quality. The making of The Singing Bible was no small endeavour! Professionally written, produced and recorded over a span of two and a half years, the team included professional producers, writers, musicians, actors, children’s choir directors, and of course, the children (twenty-one children in total).
These are only a few of many examples of love, vision, passion and attention to detail that went into the creation and production of The Singing Bible.
The result? Parents, kids, teachers, home-schoolers and Christian leaders love it! We hope that you and your family enjoy your copy of The Singing Bible! And don’t be surprised if even you, the adults, learn a few things!